Tuesday 7 May 2013

CAMERONIANS' CORRIDOR pictures and notes




I was a little unhappy with the balance. I expected it to be tough for 9CAM - it was - but I found I wasted too man units trying to make progress while 7RTR were still off map. It's pretty much hopeless and I lost something like 25% of 9CAM for very little return.

I have made some 'tweaks' to help 9CAM and hinder the German superiority.
  1. 7RTR can start issuing orders at 0900 - 30 minutes earlier. They still have a long way to go.
  2. 12th SS are no longer such 'supermen' I've downgraded their COHESION to 4 and MOTIVATION and SKILL level is lowered for lower ML MMC and non LEADER/FOO/SNIPER SMC.
  3. German company and Bn HQs will only be present if most of their Zugs are. Means fewer adhoc FOOs which had a big impact.
  4. I'm not going to force 9CAM to drive into the teeth of the German MLR. They can hold back though this may lead to orders changing.
  5. I moved the treelined paved road 25 to the South. Just seemed better.
German dice were 'hot' and numerous heroes appeared - though given the number of FTC they can attempt this is likely. I mistook the German 105mm guns for 150 making them far more deadly!

Maybe have time to start a test of this tomorow. Plays smoothely so can be quite fast. Just the German forts and UK bombardment are slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment