Monday 15 July 2013

GAVRUS new rules notes

OK. Everything pretty much does what I want. The Germans have plenty of advantages and can overcome the outer defences easily enough BUT the British artillery tends to ruin all their hard work in a sudden crushing blow.

One thing I like is it's NOT possible for the Germans to use their firepower to just kill the British in their foxholes. Once pinned they are pretty much invulnerable except to airbursting HE.

The British 2" mortars also wrought havoc but the ammo is dwindling and when it does the Spandaus rule.

I feel a need ot extend the map about 100m 2 hexrows) to the West and South to allo more room to deploy the mortars and other German units. I will tackle that with my new computer - should be the ideal learner project.

No comments:

Post a Comment